What better than a smoothie if you’re looking for an instant boost at any time during the day? And when it comes to green smoothies, the name itself suggests the use of healthy and delicious fruits and vegetables.
Since most smoothies use milk, I opt for a vegan, almond alternative instead. I enjoy having them as drinks booster drinks after a workout. Or even in the morning, particularly on the days when I wake up feeling extremely tired.
There are all types of smoothies out there, but how can we call one a green goddess? Let’s quickly go through the ingredients and the drink-making process.
Ingredients needed to make the green goddess smoothie
- Avocado (1 medium-sized)
- Banana (1 medium-sized)
- Chia seeds (1 tbsp)
- Apple (1 medium-sized)
- Spinach and other herbs (adjustable)
- Almond milk (vanilla flavored is best)
- Protein powder (optional)
Steps to make the green goddess smoothie
Making a smoothie is as easy as 1,2,3.
Just follow the steps below!
Step 1: Set the blender to high power.
Step 2: Add all the ingredients as mentioned in the quantities above. Instead of spinach, you can opt for other green foods too such as broccoli and artichokes.
Step 3: Blend them for around 1-2 minutes. If it still appears thick, you can keep blending until you achieve your desired consistency. You can also make the drink thinner by adding more almond milk. In the end, throw in some ice cubes if you’re feeling hot and in dire need of feeling refreshed!
So it would only take you 10 minutes to prepare this delicious drink. And that time would be worth it because the benefits are plenty!
Pro-tip: Do you have other favorite herbs or ingredients? With smoothies, you can go as creative as you want! Try adding some vegan yogurt at the top once your smoothie is ready. You may even want to try sprinkling some bits of spinach for a better and more interesting presentation.
The benefits of green goddess smoothie – Why is it good for you?
Green drinks are known to be healthy for many reasons. Here are a few of them:
- Green smoothies strengthen the bones. Especially spinach, which contains K1, a vitamin that is excellent for resisting bone fractures.
- It boosts the digestive system, so you have lesser chances of developing stomach-related diseases and daily constipation. Since green smoothies have a lot of fiber, they can also help you with weight loss.
- Helps maintain low cholesterol levels. So while medicines can help you do that too, green smoothies are the best natural option.
- It has antioxidants, which means your body resists long-term heart diseases or even cancer.
And of course, with so many benefits, your immune system becomes stronger. So it’s up to you how to incorporate green smoothies in your schedule. You can have it first thing in the morning or make it a part of your post-workout routine. Regardless of when you take it, it’ll freshen you up!