Pasta – the classic famous Italian recipe, has many variations. And with each type, the taste is worth dying for. Since it’s made of grain, it’s easy and simple to cook. Having pasta moderately now and again is sure to make your digestive system stronger!
But what sets the mung bean pasta apart from the other rest?
Well, firstly, mung beans have been a super strong ingredient since the ancient period. They’re a type of legume, and you can recognize them by their tiny green bodies.
On the same note, mung bean pasta contains a starch extract from the beans. Glass noodles are simply another name for this wonderful edible item. They are grown primarily in Asia and India, but of course, you can find them all over the world.
Let’s have a look at the mung bean pasta with basil marinara recipe first before moving on to its awesome health benefits!
Mung bean pasta (3 oz)
Basil (¼ cup chopped)
Spinach (3 handfuls)
Salt (1 tsp)
Mushrooms (½ cup, diced)
Lemon (1, juice extract)
Garlic (2 cloves, crushed)
Steps needed to make the mung bean pasta with basil marinara
Cook the pasta as usual before following the steps below.
Step 1: Take the mushrooms and garlic and sauté them (for approximately five minutes).
Step 2: Take the spinach and add it to the mushrooms and garlic. You can use a wooden spoon to toss and turn these ingredients in the bowl.
Step 3: Add the lemon juice extract into all the ingredients for a sour flavor. You can adjust the quantity according to the savory taste you prefer.
Step 4: Add pasta to all the above and toss it thoroughly.
Step 5: And finally, once you’re done with the mixing, add chopped basil.
Health benefits of mung bean pasta with basil marinara
So our pasta recipe is primarily made of mung beans and basils. That said, you can expect an overflow of minerals and vitamins. Of course, it’s not something you could have every day as a smoothie.
But whenever you make the above for dinner or lunch, keep in mind the following benefits of mung beans:
- Helps protect the cells, which means better immunity.
- Mung beans promote better digestion. If you have constipation issues, you don’t need to worry when feasting on the mung bean pasta with basil marinara.
- Keeps blood pressure and blood sugar in balance.
And here are a few positive effects of basil too:
- If you have high blood pressure, basils can help lower and maintain it.
- If you have high blood sugar, basils can act against any harmful long-term effects that it may cause.
- Basil is quite a common ingredient for ayurvedic medicine. That said, you can expect a mental health boost as well. You’ll notice reduced signs of memory loss and aging, along with lesser levels of depression and stress.
All in all, the above ingredients can help make your body immune to all types of infections and diseases. Just remember to have the mung bean pasta with basil marinara once in a while.