Fun Ways to Challenge Yourself Like Never Before
Welcome, friends, to the Roaring Twenties! Not like your great-grandmothers knew it, full of jazz music, people dancing the foxtrot, and wearing flapper dresses. No, these Roaring Twenties are full of TikTok sound bites paired with 30-second viral dances, and face-mask fashion.
It might not be the Twenties we hoped and dreamed of, but I think we have some pretty cool things going for us. Our great-grandmothers might even be jealous!
This year, I have done away completely with New Year’s Resolutions and come up with a list of New Year’s Challenges instead. Things that will excite me on dull days, add quality to my life and others, and most importantly, things that are attainable and won’t make me feel guilty if I don’t do them every single day.
This is my Roaring List of 22 things to do in 2022
- Take my dogs to the dog park more often. If you don’t have dogs, take your friend’s dogs! HINT: this is a great place to meet singles, and a really great place for a first date!
2. Cook more, order in less.
3. Sign up to audit a course at my Local University and learn more about Indigenous Culture.
4. Read at least 1 book a month (audiobooks DO count).
5. Commit to saving more of my paycheck.
6. Look for ways to find extra income and put that money right into savings (plan for the future, retirement, or a rainy day!) Think side hustle, dog-walking, garage sale, bringing bottles to the depot. Every dollar counts when it is put in the right place.
7. Send friends and family REAL mail. Everyone loves getting a letter, birthday card, or even a surprise gift in the mail. It doesn’t have to be anything big.
8. Learn a new hobby. Pick up ballet again, start macrame, learn to wood carve, perhaps?
9. Drink More Water!
10. Stop spending so much money at expensive coffee chains.
11. Spend some time outside every single day, and go on more hikes.
12. Buy a 5-minute Journal and practice gratitude.
13. Write in 5-minute Journal every day, or at least every week.
14. Practice positive self-talk.
15. Volunteer more.
16. Set aside more of my earnings to donate to causes I care about.
17. Pick up my musical instruments more, or learn a new one.
18. Practice my golf swing with the girls and then go for lunch. Mimosa-time!
19. Prioritize time for my mental, physical, emotional, financial, and spiritual health.
20. Spend quality time with family and friends.
21. Declutter my house Marie Kondo style, have a garage sale, and donate items.
22. Practice eating more plant-based.
23. BONUS: dance more when I’m cooking, cleaning, and whenever I else I feel like it, because IT’S FUN! Sometime over the last few years, I lost my dancing spunk. This year, I’m vowing to get it back. So maybe I do have one New Year’s Resolution for 2022.
In the words of the infamous Taylor Swift “Everything will be alright if we just keep dancing like we’re 22”
So bring on 2022, and keep on dancing (and challenging yourself to grow) friends!
What is on your list of Challenges and Resolutions for 2022? Is there anything you think I should add to my list? Head on over to theintrive@instagram and let us know!