Each season can be defined by the beautiful aromatics of the scents it produces. Citrus summers, lily springs, cinnamon falls, and pinecone winters. These smells aren’t only just signatures of the seasons. Perfume has the incredible ability to mark our unique scent evoking memories, emotions, and that fresh breeze of you. It can enhance the essence of ourselves. It can also even define your mood for the day. I absolutely love perfumes. For some of the characters I play, I give them unique scents to add another layer of who they are. For myself, perfumes allow me to embrace many parts of who I am.
Here at the In Trive, I’m sharing my favorite scents of the summer. Check them out below and share in the comments below if you’ve tried any of these.
A perfume is like a piece of clothing, a message, a way of presenting oneself, a costume that differs according to the woman who wears it.”– Paloma Picasso
- 1. Bronze Goddess by Estee Lauder – This franquence immediately took me the beach when I first smelled it. With it’s hints of Amber, Coconut, and Cinnamon, it just has a beautiful warm scent to it, perfect for the hot summer days ahead. On their website the fragrance is described as the following:
- “The velvety texture of the tiare flower is showcased along with creamy coconut and the radiant warmth of amber, sandalwood and vanilla. All heat. All desire. All woman.”
- 2. Jo Malone Basil and Neroli – Wow! This scent is just amazing! So refreshing and light. It lasts all day and something about it just comforts me. I never would have thought that the combination of these two scents with a hint of white musk would produce such a gorgeous smell. But it does!
- On their site they descibe this scent as “London at its most fashionably young and fun. Flirt with oh-so floral neroli and a delicious wink of basil. Quintessentially British, always playful. Fresh, fun, full of adventure”
- 3. Jo Malone English Pear and Freesia – A sensual feminine scent indeed. It is so sweet and yet light and understated. It makes me feel as if I’m enjoying the French countryside while enjoying a glass of classic Saugivon Blanc. I love this scent. With notes of King Pear, Freesia and Patchouli, you too will love this scent!
- From Jo Malone: “The sensuous freshness of just-ripe pears is wrapped in a bouquet of white freesias and mellowed by amber, patchouli and woods. Luscious and golden.”
Have you tried any of these fragrances? If not, give them a go and let me know what you think!
In Joy – CP